Bamboo Bedding - extra FAQs
Are your bamboo sheet sets and other bedding products certified organic?
- Yes, our suppliers maintain OCIA International Organic Certification and the ECOCERT Certificate of Organic Operation. This means the bamboo plants used for production are organically and sustainably grown and free from pesticides.
How can you be sure that your products are 100% bamboo?
- All of our products have been tested by the CSIRO to confirm that they are in fact made from 100% bamboo.
What brand is your bamboo bedding?
- We have partnered with Eastwind Textiles to provide bamboo bedding to our Bamb-u customers. It is our first partnership with another Australian brand and we're excited to be able to provide our customers with an expanded range of bamboo products.
Is your bedding suitable for people with sensitive skin?
- Yes, bamboo textiles are extremely soft, anti-bacterial and hypo-allergenic, making it the perfect choice for people with allergies and skin sensitivities. We only use suppliers that have achieved the Oeko-Tex Standard 100 Certificate, which means our bedding is completely free from harmful chemicals.
What about wash and care - do your sheets pill?
- Our sheet sets are twill-woven, which increases durability and helps to prevent pilling, providing you follow our simple care instructions. Occasionally you might see some pilling occur during the initial use period. As bamboo is a natural fibre, this pilling is normal, especially in response to friction and isn't a fault or defect. The pilling will naturally shed and can be reduced or removed during the washing and drying process. The pilling is usually removed within five or six washes.
Do your sheet and quilt cover sets shrink?
- You are likely to experience a small amount of shrinkage when you first wash your bedding, however we allow for this in the manufacturing process.
- Absolutely. When the sheets and quilt covers are wet, you may find they become a bit stiff, however once they dry they will return to their usual softness. Many buyers of bamboo bedding report it gets softer the more times it is washed!
Have another question? Get in touch with our friendly team at firstname.lastname@example.org