Bamb-u Eyewear - extra FAQs
What type of bamboo is used in your sunglasses?
- We have three types of bamboo; carbonised, natural and stained.
- All of our bamboo is sustainably farmed and FSC Certified.
- Being a natural product, no pair of sunglasses is identical. You will see different grains and textures in each, making every product unique!
- Yes, all of our sunglasses have polarised lenses. Our TAC UV400 lens gives you protection from both UVA and UVB.
What happens if my glasses get wet?
- Our glasses actually float on water and have a special coating that protects the natural fibres in the bamboo. This makes them the perfect companion for those who love swimming, boating and water sports! If they become fully submerged in water, we recommend giving them a quick dry off afterwards. If your sunglasses take a trip in the ocean, we recommend washing off any salt water with fresh water and then drying off with a towel, as in some rare cases, salt water or extreme direct heat can cause the lens to de-laminate.
Can I put prescription lenses into your sunglasses?
- As prescription lenses are generally thicker than a sunglass lens, you run the risk of damaging the frame if you were to try to fit them in.
- We do have prescription ready frames called Espy, which are designed especially for this purpose.
Have another question? Get in touch with our friendly team at email@example.com